Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Sales Manager (Automation & Robotics)
(We would also consider any of the following: Technical Sales, Sales Engineer, Area Sales, Business Development, Sales & Application Engineer)
Location: Mostly Home based (occasionally in the office when required), travel across mainly Southern parts of the UK, with occasional travel to Ireland and France when required for training, development and sales opportunities.
Salary: approx. £35,000 – £45,000 + generous bonus scheme + company vehicle with fuel card + private medical + pension + extensive training + phone + laptop
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our busy team. As the Sales Manager you will visit customers to maintain and update existing accounts and develop increasing robotics and automation business in the southern area of the UK.
Sales Manager job focus:
- As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing new business mainly across the Southern areas of the UK. All new business customer should be from the industrial automation and robotic systems.
- You will liaise with customers to understand their automation requirements and be able to provide them with a technical solution.
- Work with and manage UK vendors and robot/automation departments to facilitate selection, build and deliver part or total solutions in a cost-effective way.
- Generate cost sheets and build offers to present to customers.
- Identify local suppliers for supply of end of arm technology and systems, fixtures, safety fences, conveyors, etc.
- Visit customers post-delivery and commissioning to ensure successful sign off of projects, working with the wider team to resolve any issues that may have arisen.
- As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for demonstrating our robot system capabilities to potential customers.
- If complex or automation solution is required, once qualified, to then introduce and hand over to the requirements to the engineering and automation team.
- As part of the sales process, you will need to define costs (hours, material, resources.)
- You will be required to write quotes and agree/justify the solution and price with the customer.
- Support project manager during project execution to understand progress and identify potential delays, cost deviation due to customer change, and help with communication.
- Daily tasks and update Salesforce CRM.
Key skills and requirements:
- The ideal applicant will come from a background in automated systems, robotics, and material handling. Experience with injection moulding technology/systems would be highly beneficial although not essential.
- Ideally qualified to HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering practice.
- Commercial ability relating to project costs and contracts, margins and sales pricing.
- French language an advantage but not essential.
- Need to be able to travel to customer sites (mainly in the Southern parts of the UK), with future travel between France, Ireland and the UK.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and would like to apply for this Sales Manager vacancy, please click on the apply button. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.