General Engineering and Manufacturing
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Position: Sales Manager
Location: Walsall, Birmingham (Split of office and home working)
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 pa + uncapped commission (DOE)
(Also open to Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Engineering Sales, Business Development Manager)
We have an exciting new vacancy within our business recruiting for a Sales Manager with experience from the engineering or manufacturing industry sector. With over 100 years of experience and heritage within the sheet metal manufacturing sector, we are expanding our team and require a dedicated and dynamic Engineering Sales Manager to join our team. As the Sales Manager you will generate and develop new leads/business for the company, selling engineering services within the sheet metal sector (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, machining of metal products, tube bending, metal finishing etc), tooling and design services. There is a pathway for further development and progression within the company into a senior position over time.
Key skills and experience for the Sales Manager vacancy:
- Previous experience in an engineering sales position selling engineering services to new customers.
- To understand client requirements from documentation, specification, or technical drawings. If the customer does not have any documentation, then the ability to extract enough information from a technical discussion with the customer, put together a simple concept and work with the engineering team and see if the requirement is feasible.
- Involved with supporting the team with the preparation of proposals, technical documentation, project/product negotiating quotations/costing. Chase enquiries.
- An interest to self-develop, to understand the businesses engineering services and capabilities.
- Confidently managing your own diary, arranging to meet with potential new customers and being able to demonstrate our capabilities and engineering services.
- A level of technical understanding of the engineering sector to enable you to promote the engineering services.
- Responsible for creating selling opportunities, contacting customers, building, and developing relationships, and selling the companies services.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions, generating new leads and developing/growing existing accounts.
- Always provide impeccable customer service.
- This is a customer facing role; therefore, presentation skills, appearance and communication should be of the highest level.
- Minimum GCSE Level A-C, IVQ Technician certificate, BTEC first certificate or NVQ level 2 qualification. A Level qualification are preferred, or HND, BTEC or equivalent NVQ qualifications. Relevant industry experience will also be taking into consideration.
- Strong proficiency in IT and Microsoft Office
- This Sales position will be split between home working and office working. We would typically expect 2 or 3 days working in the office/ 2 or 3 days working from home/customer site/travelling etc. We do have flexibility and appreciate some weeks you may spend more time on the road/working from home.
If you have the required experience as a Sales Manager, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.