Controls & Software
£30000 - £50000 per annum
Job Ref: 32516
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Software and Electronics
Share this job:
PLC Controls Engineer
Position: PLC Controls Engineer (we welcome graduate, junior and experienced applicants)
We would also consider applicants currently working in similar roles: PLC Engineer, Controls Engineer, Software Controls/Automation Engineer, Automation Engineer, Systems Engineer, Application Engineer, Junior Controls Engineer, Graduate Controls Engineer.
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000 + company benefits + paid overtime + progression and career development
We have an exciting opportunity for a PLC Controls Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. As the PLC Controls Engineer you will be involved in the creation and design of PLC software for many of our engineering projects. You will be involved not only in the design of the software but also the programming, testing, debugging and commissioning working with functional colleagues across the engineering team (electrical, mechanical & software).
Key skills and experience required for the PLC Controls Engineer:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification (HND/HNC/Degree/Apprenticeship in Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar).
- Experience of being able to design, develop and write PLC software code from scratch.
- Experience with debugging, software development and commissioning of PLC and HMI software.
- Previous experience of assessing and reviewing existing software code and to be able to make recommendations for improvement.
- Experience with preparing software specification and test procedures.
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of PLC control systems, HMIs and Fieldbus).
- Previous experience working on PLC software controls on automation systems or high end machinery is preferred.
- We welcome the opportunity to consider junior/graduate applicants for the PLC Controls Engineer vacancy and will take into account limited experience.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this PLC Controls Engineer vacancy then please click on the link below to apply. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment for consideration.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.