Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
We are keen to hear from experienced design engineers and junior design engineers with at least 2 years of practical/real world design experience from industry looking to take the next step in their career.
Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Redditch, Worcester, Solihull, Coventry
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an innovative automation business. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved with designing special purpose machinery and bespoke automated solutions. Previous experience of designing bespoke machinery is important although may not be essential depending on the type of mechanical design projects you have been involved with. You should have experience with some of the following including pneumatic systems, linear slides, cylinders, rotary index tables, vibratory bowl feeders and vision inspection systems used in special purpose machinery. Examples of some solutions may include fully automated assembly machine, (incorporating pneumatic systems, cameras, robotics) packaging machinery and inspection machinery (with auto loading and unloading).
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy:
- Previous experience designing automated machinery such as: Bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots cell, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar complex machinery/systems.
- Able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- To review designs and specifications and recommend alternative solutions where/when required.
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor and/or Solidworks.
- Able to work in a team environment or on your own.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy please email click on the apply button below.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.