General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Test Engineer
(Similar roles: Engine Test Engineer, Test & Development Engineer, Engine Development Engineer, Test Technician, Powertrain Development Engineer, Development Engineer)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our business. As the Test Engineer, you will work with external suppliers and internal teams to define all the test requirements of the production engine. You will act as primary contact point for all engine test cell activities across the business to ensure the development, knowledge, and commission of our initial and ongoing products.
Key responsibilities and skills required for the Test Engineer vacancy:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operation of the production engine test cell.
- Validate engine running and associated fluid and boost conditioning systems in test cell environment
- Be part of a team which contributes towards running test requirements in a test cell for specific market development programs
- Identify and diagnose unit faults, both mechanical and electrical, working with Engineering team to deliver effective solutions
- Carry out servicing and hardware changes
- Run the test cell using a mix of automated test cycles and manual operation leading into more complex tasks with support from Engineering teams
- Take ownership of the test piece, equipment and hardware in the test cell
- Continue and improve initiatives to reduce waste and optimise efficiency
- Strong understanding of gasoline and diesel engine operation
- Previous experience of managing an engine test cell
- Excellent understanding of engine fundamentals and related systems
- Automotive fault diagnostics
- Excellent teamwork ethics
- Respect for Health and Safety procedures and practices
- Organised with good communication skills
- Professional attitude under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electronics Engineering Degree or HND preferred or related experience from the Automotive industry.
- Ability to travel required
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this Test Engineer vacancy, then please click on the link below to apply. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment for consideration.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.