Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Technical Project Manager
Position: Technical Project Manager
Location: Oxford, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Chipping Norton, Swindon
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to be responsible for various projects related to the installation and commissioning of robotic and automation solutions. You will apply your industry knowledge and experience to manage projects from quoting phase to handover for commissioning. Utilizes planning, resource, and task management skills to direct control engineering staff in successful implementation of project assignments
Key skills required for the Technical Project Manager
- Estimate the costs of technical solution and resources for pricing of design variants
- Plan project technical activities and staffing (times, costs)
- Coordinate internal/external technical activities and persons involved in the project
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Guarantee achievement of objectives in terms of time, quality, and costs. Track and submit reports on progress of the project
- Provide technical support in the assembly, installation (equipment) and prototyping (product) phases and technical assistance at the customer site
- Coordinate resources for manufacturing/integration/commissioning operations with the Site Manager
- Interfaces with customer to finalize design requirements, reviews, and approvals throughout design phase.
The successful candidate for the Technical Project Manager will have the following experience:
- Strong knowledge of machines and tools / controls. An understanding of mechanical system / controls design.
- Ability to write technical documents and reports for use as reference by engineering and technical writers as well as documentation for the project.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret customer specifications, electrical controls schematics, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to train and mentor other Technical Leaders, Automation, Mechanical or Control Engineers.
- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Inspecting equipment in preparation for adding, removing, or modifying existing designs / equipment.
Due to our high vacancy response rates unfortunately, we are not able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had feedback from our consultants within 14 days, please accept that your application has not been successful.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.