Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Technical Operations Manager
Technical Operations Manager – (Will also consider Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Automation Manager, Senior Project Manager)
Commutable from Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Weybridge, Woking
c£55,000 – £65,000 negotiable depending on experience
We are seeking a highly capable Technical Operations Manager for an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team. As the Technical Operations Manager you will be hands on with overseeing multiple simultaneous bespoke automation projects working with the Project Managers/Senior Engineers to ensure timely delivery of all projects. Coordinating with internal departments (Project Management, Engineering, Sales & Purchasing, Manufacturing) ensuring cost effective delivery and smooth transitions between each department.
The Technical Operations Manager would ideally have a robust technical engineering or manufacturing background with experience of managing and leading different business functions including Technical Sales, Design, NPI, Manufacturing & Assembly, Service & Aftercare. The technical solutions provided by the business for our customers are complex, therefore previous experience with any/some of the following would be extremely beneficial: bespoke automated machinery, packaging machinery systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, lab/pharma automation, machine tending, warehouse automation machinery and end of line automated systems.
Key skills & experience required for the Technical Operations Manager vacancy:
- This is a hands-on Technical Operations Management opportunity, and we are looking for applicants who are personable, enthusiastic, and keen to work with the wider team to support/lead complex engineering projects.
- Previous experience in Technical Operations Management or similar role (Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Automation Manager, Senior Project Manager).
- Support Managing Director developing current/future business strategy.
- Support managing P&L/project budgets and costs.
- Previous experience ensuring high standard of work is maintained throughout the business. Reviewing standards and processes – technical documentation, conceptual designs, accurate budget/costings through to assembly of machinery and commissioning, level of customer satisfaction, delivery of projects.
- Making recommendations for effective cost reduction.
- The role will suit someone who is highly organised, confident, strong with project management/operations management experience within engineering/manufacturing who can work across multiple engineering functions.
- Strong conflict management experience.
- Technical qualification in engineering is desirable or time served.
- Should be able to read/interpret engineering designs/drawings.
- Tenacious and be able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you have the required skills for the Technical Operations Management vacancy, please click on the button to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ