General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
A Technical Manager with experience of leading engineering and design teams within precision engineering and product development, is required for a high value, niche manufacturer.
The role of Technical Manager will include:
- Lead a team of engineers who are designing intricate precision engineered mechanisms and products.
- Ensure compliance to all technical engineering requirements.
- Review engineering product development and ensure products designed are done so with manufacturability in mind.
- Manage and deploy resource to engineering projects and ensure budgets are managed and costs are in line with forecast.
- Drive continuous improvement and engender a collective appetite for this across the team.
- A strong leader, able to support engineering teams with technical challenges and able to make decisions.
- You will drive product innovation and influence future projects.
- Coach and mentor your team to build a workforce of highly skilled engineers with the confidence to perform with limited supervision.
The suitable candidate for this role of Technical Manager will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Technical Manager, Engineering Manager, Technical Director, Design Manager from a high precision engineering environment.
- Led engineering teams and supported new product introduction and innovation.
- Lean, Six Sigma or appropriate continuous improvement experience.
- Technical Qualification in Mechanical Engineering is essential. (BEng, MSc)
If you have the required experience for this Technical Manager position, and you have prior experience leading technical engineering teams within a precision engineering environment, please click on the link to apply. In return, our client can offer an enviable position with a very niche and exciting manufacturer with excellent remuneration and additional benefits.