Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Technical Author
(We would also be keen to hear from applicants involved with any of the following: Project Documentation, Technical Authoring & Design, Document Control, O+M Writer, Technical Documentation)
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + company benefits (depending on relevant experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Author to join our growing business in the Worcester area of the UK. We are keen to hear from applicants from across the engineering sector. As the Technical Author you will be involved with the creation and maintenance of Operating Manuals, Maintenance Manuals and Detail Specifications.
Key skills and experience required for the Technical Author vacancy:
- Previous experience creating and maintaining O+M manuals and detail specifications.
- Maintenance and administration of internal technical documentation (Assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files and risk assessments).
- All engineering changes are reflected in the technical files/technical documentation.
- Technical documentation completed to company standards and are delivered within agreed timescales.
- As the Technical Author you will be meticulous and highly conscientious.
- Methodical and systematic with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Minimum of HNC/HND qualification or equivalent in Mechanical or any engineering related subject.
- Engineering background.
- Technical writing experience in an engineering environment.
- Excellent standard of written English / literacy.
- Familiar with CAD systems.
- Experience with a graphics manipulation program (e.g. Photoshop or PaintShop).
- Competence with Microsoft Office (especially MS Word).
- Competence with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and would like to apply for this Technical Author vacancy, please click on the apply button. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.