General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Supplier Quality Engineer
Position: Quality Engineer
(We are keen to hear from Quality Engineers, Senior Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers)
Salary: Negotiable + company benefits
Industry: Must have strong Automotive Supplier Quality experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Banbury. As the Quality Engineer you will support the Purchasing & Supplier Quality Team in delivering a fully ready and approved supply of specified parts at launch & pre-launch phases of New Product Introductions.
- Daily Supplier Quality problem solving and countermeasures 8D process
- Launch the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process with nominated suppliers for all new components, materials or sub-contract services.
- Maintain regular APQP reviews and act upon or escalate any identified concerns.
- Support the Supplier in ensuring that the APQP process is fully delivered.
- Establish and communicate quality targets for suppliers.
- Provide KPI data to demonstrate Supplier quality management.
- Maintain and Manage Online Supplier Quality Portals.
- Manage 3rd party inspection services and on-site suppliers
Specific skills & experience:
- Engineering / Quality related qualifications, HND, Degree, NVQ, CQI.
- Automotive supplier quality management experience and understand APQP / PPAP process.
- Time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Be able to influence key personnel in the Supplier’s new project delivery teams.
- Be able to understand Specifications and Quality deliverables.
- Be able to construct status reports (data management) and initiate corrective actions.
- Management reporting.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Full driving licence and availability to travel to suppliers including those in Europe.
The Quality Engineer vacancy offers a pathway to a fulfilling career in a highly advanced Automotive field with many opportunities for development, training and advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with a highly advanced Automotive engineering business, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.