Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Solution Design Manager – Oxford
Solution Design Manager (Sales/Commercial)
We are keen to hear from Senior Technical Sales Managers, Pre-Sales Managers, Sales Design Managers, Proposal & Estimations Managers or Project Engineers/Managers with relevant industry experience (Industrial Automation Systems, System Integration, Automated Warehouse/Logistics Solutions).
We welcome applicants with Solutions Sales/Solution Management experience from any of the following areas: System Integration, Warehouse Automation, Automated Logistics Solutions, High Speed Automated Machinery (Packaging Machines, Bagging Machinery, Wrapping Machines, End of Line Machinery), Robotics, Bespoke Conveyor/Material Handling Systems, Intralogistics)
£60,000 – £70,000 DOE (flexible/negotiable) + company benefits
A Solution Design Manager (Sales/Commercial) is required for an exciting new role with a leading automation and logistics solutions provider in the Oxfordshire area. As the Solution Design Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of sales engineers and liaising with colleagues in overseas offices/sites. Previous experience with solution sales, pre-sales or estimating for M&E projects would be highly beneficial.
Key experience and skills required for the Solution Design Manager vacancy:
- Provide leadership/mentoring to sales engineering team.
- Support team with the preparation of proposals and technical documentation.
- To understand client requirements from documentations, specification, or technical drawings.
- Visit client site, scope out the potential project before preparing proposals.
- To determine feasibility (risk, cost, labour, H&S, time-lines) of potential automation projects.
- Previous experience in Estimating, Pre-sales or Solution sales.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Should be IT proficient (MS Office, Word, Excel).
- Previous experience working/looking through technical designs/engineering drawings (CAD/Solidworks/AutoDesk Inventor or similar system) would be highly beneficial; however it is not essential.
- Although this is an office/site-based role you will be required to visit and meet with clients when required.
To apply for this Solution Design Manager (Sales/Commercial) vacancy please click on the link below.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ