Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Position: Service Manager
Location: Ideally based near Peterborough or surrounding area
Remuneration: circa £60,000 – £80,000 depending on relevant industry experience
Due to continued business growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join our growing automation technology business. The Service Manager will evaluate the service requirements of our automation technology business and set up the required structure to deliver a world class service department across our business. This will include evaluating our current service proposition, working with and setting up service and maintenance teams, supporting and delivering a commercial service strategy.
Key requirements for the Service Manager vacancy:
- Prior experience as a service manager working within the warehouse automation/logistics solutions sector or similar hi-tech automated systems.
- Experience setting up a service department to support the UK and EU.
- Strong people management and presentation skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience in a commercial/service sales position with responsibility of P&L/large budgets.
- Experience producing and writing up technical documentation/reports for presenting to customers or across the wider business.
- Experience with setting up/delivering service sales agreements and service contracts.
- You will be the main contact heading up the Service department for the business, as a result you will set the benchmark across the business as to how the Service department is set up, maintained and grown as the business grows.
- To seek out commercial opportunities from within the Service department.
- Previous experience of recruiting and growing a service department including field and site based service/maintenance teams.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to customer sites as and when required (UK and Internationally).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise.
- Good knowledge of logistics best practice.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and you are interested in applying to the Service Manager vacancy, please click on the apply button below. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.