Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Position: Service Engineer
Location: Ideally located within 1 hour from Cambridge, Biggleswade, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 + overtime available (OTE £70k) paid door to door, + car/car allowance + company benefits
We have a requirement for a Service Engineer to work in a fast-paced environment, working with high-speed automated machinery, equipment and robotic systems. In your role as Service Engineer, you will undertake various electrical & mechanical repair duties to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and its machinery, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
The role of Service Engineer includes:
- Fault Finding and bug fixes.
- Must be able to connect to a Siemens PLC and diagnose/identify faults. (no PLC/software programming required for this position).
- Servicing and maintaining automated machinery including robots, conveyor systems, automated guided vehicles, and other material handling/plant equipment.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment when required.
The suitable candidate for Service Engineer vacancy will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced field service or multi-skilled engineer.
- Qualification in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering with an electrical bias.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with robotics, machinery, and automated systems is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in servicing or maintenance from the warehouse automation and logistics sector would be highly advantageous.
- Good understanding of PLC control systems (fault finding, rectification).
- Ability to work from and interpret engineering drawings.
- Travelling to customer sites throughout the UK and Internationally is essential.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Service Engineer vacancy, please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK