Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Position: Service Engineer (permanent or contract)
(We would also welcome applicants currently working in any of the following roles: Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, Mechatronic Engineer, Resident Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Maintenance Engineer)
Location: Ideally you should be located around the Midlands area, however we are open to location depending on the level of experience/industry knowledge. As the Service Engineer you will be required to travel across the UK and internationally.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 + company car/car allowance + company benefits (pension, health, international travel uplift)
We have a requirement for a Service Engineer to work in a fast-paced environment, working with high-speed automated machinery, equipment and robotic systems. In your role as Service Engineer, you will undertake various electrical & mechanical/PLC repair duties to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and its machinery, ensuring as little downtime as possible.
The role of Service Engineer includes:
- Working to a PPM schedule.
- PLC Fault Finding and bug fixes.
- Servicing and maintaining automated machinery including cranes, packaging machinery, pneumatic systems, conveyors, bagging & wrapping machinery, robotic machinery and other material handling equipment.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment when required.
The suitable candidate for Service Engineer vacancy will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced field service or multi-skilled engineer.
- Qualification in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering with an electrical bias.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with robotics, high speed machinery, and automated systems is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in servicing or maintenance from the warehouse automation and logistics sector would be highly advantageous.
- Good understanding of PLC control systems (fault finding, rectification).
- Ability to work from and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience of writing software/PLC code from scratch would be highly beneficial although this is not essential. It is important that you can modify code when required on a customer site.
- Travelling to customer sites throughout the UK and Internationally is essential.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Service Engineer vacancy, please click on the apply button below and your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK