Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Service Engineer – Automation & Robotic Systems
Position: Service Engineer (Automation & Robotic Systems)
Location: Home based, travel across the UK & Ireland required
Salary: approx. £40,000 – £45,000 + company vehicle + company benefits + private medical
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join our busy team. As the Service Engineer you will be responsible for installation, commissioning and servicing robotics, automated equipment and injection moulding machinery (mainly). This is a home-based role with a requirement to visit customer sites across the UK and Ireland.
Key responsibilities, skills and experience required for the Service Engineer vacancy:
- Installation and commissioning of robots and automated systems, cells and machinery.
- Carry out service work/preventative maintenance on robots and automation cells.
- Provide breakdown assistance both on site at customers and by telephone.
- Program and test new installations and make modifications to existing installations.
- On site and off site training for customers.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within the Injection moulding industry would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with robotics with a bias toward electrical engineering is preferred.
- Experience with PLC programming would be an advantage although is not essential.
- You will be a flexible individual who demonstrates a commitment to achieving objectives and a team player with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to solve problems and to identify automation/robotic issues.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- To work without direct supervision, ensuring that all quality requirements of the job are understood and adhered to.
- A flexible approach to the work schedule.
- Overseas travel for initial training and product updates will be required when necessary.
If you have the required experience for the Service Engineer vacancy, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.