Science & Technology
Share this job:
Service Engineer – Farnborough, UK
Position: Service Engineer (Bio/Medical/Lab Automation & Robotics
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience & knowledge of Automation & Robotics equipment
Opportunity: For experienced Automation & Robotics engineers, and also for Post-Grad/University leavers looking to develop a career in Bio/Medical/Lab Automation & Robotics.
We have exciting opportunities for Services Engineers to join our business located in Farnborough. As the Service Engineer you will focus primarily on servicing and maintaining robotic and automated laboratory equipment across the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States (where required). Candidates can expect to work to some aggressive deadlines in sometimes complex circumstances. A positive attitude towards solo problem solving is essential for a Service Engineer.
This is a challenging role and most suited to individuals with strong IT, Electrical and Communication skills that enjoy travelling and work well as part of a team.
Domestic and International travel required between 50-70% of time to support installation/repairs/upgrades/PMs.
Key skills and experience required for the Service Engineer:
- Electro-Mechanical experience
- Become familiar with all aspects of laboratory automation and assembling bespoke automated systems.
- Assist with the manufacture of robotic work cells as required. This will help to build a strong understanding of our systems before the Engineer is sent into the field alone.
- Part of the installation team to re-assemble robotic work cells on our customers sites globally.
- Attend customer site on short notice to analyse reported issues and perform repairs.
- Assist customers remotely to identify nature of reported issues and resolve where possible, before conducting site visit.
- Problem solver able to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly & effectively
- Understanding of PC- Based systems (TCP/IP, RS232).
- Independent thinker with acute attention to detail
- Proficient in using hand power tools such as Circular & jig saws, drills & taps.
- Highly motivated, passionate and results-driven
- Previous experience of working effectively in project teams to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Solid organisational and multitasking skills
- A proven history in mechanical, automation engineering or related discipline
- Technical qualification in electrical engineering, robotics or related field.
- Clean UK Driving License.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK free from visa/sponsorship requirements
To apply for Service Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing. Contact us on 01564711542 for further information. Our offices are located at Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.