Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager
Position: Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager
Location: Hereford, West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 depending on level of manufacturing & Quality management experience
A Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager is required for our site based in Hereford. We are looking for a candidate that is hands on, with strong Quality engineering background in manufacturing/production. The Senior Quality Engineer/Quality Manager should be experienced in using various measuring & inspection tools/equipment (CMM, Faro, OGP, Verniers, Calipers, Metrology skills/tools) to ensure our products are made to the highest of standards.
As the Senior Quality Engineer/Quality Manager you will be working with the Operations Director, ensuring the products we ship to our customers meet our customer’s expectations, through effective management of the Quality Team, efficient issue investigation and resolution; accountable for and implementation and continuous improvement of clear procedures which are reflected in our Quality Management System (QMS).
Senior Quality Engineer/Quality Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Work through quality concerns from cradle to grave; facilitating investigations to identify and eliminate the root cause of quality concerns, managing the preventative and corrective actions logs (8D), closing off issues and implementing change (including supporting employee training where required) and following this through to conclusion with the customer.
- Accountable for the goods-inward process, ensuring all components we receive from third parties meets our own quality standards, and raising advisory notices to suppliers where issues arise.
- Undertake ISIR and PPAP on complex NPI projects.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends.
- Undertake and champion continuous improvement projects.
- Accountable for the returns process, ensuring that all returns are validated and processed in line with Company procedure, issuing credit notes where required.
- Continuously review and improve the Departments processes and procedures.
- Work to ISO 13485, 14001 and 45001 processes and procedures.
Senior Quality Engineer/Quality Manager Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of Quality engineering in manufacturing sector
- Experience with plastics / injection moulding would be an advantage although it is not essential
- Educated to at least HND / HNC level preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Strong, highly focused, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure and can organise and inspire a team.
- Excellent customer service skills, with evidence of how relationships with external customers have been built and maintained
- Commercially savvy, making the right decision by balancing customer and business need
- Computer literate, including MS Windows/Office Products and MRP systems
- Understanding of process improvement tools (e.g. 8D, Six Sigma), and experience of implanting these techniques within the workplace
- Full UK driving license required to attend customer sites when required.
To apply for this Senior Quality Engineer/Quality Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.