Aerospace and Defence
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Senior Mechanical Fitter – Birmingham
Position: Senior Mechanical Fitter (Would also consider a Senior/Lead Electrical Fitter)
Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: Equivalent to £34,000 – £38,000 pa + Premium OT available (hourly paid)
Key skills required for the Senior Mechanical Fitter vacancy:
- Supporting the Operations Manager regarding the allocation of jobs, checking quality of machine build, overseeing mechanical and electrical contractors, providing technical support (mostly mechanical) on projects where required.
- Experience of working with/fitting Pneumatic systems onto special purpose machinery projects.
- To work from mechanical engineering drawings/schematics and Pneumatic diagrams to assemble parts/machine as required.
- Previous experience with machine frame assembly and working with and putting together aluminium profiles.
- Experience fitting linear slides, rotary tables, jigs & fittings.
- Working to health and safety standards and to ensure team/contractors are complying with H&S/Covid-19 guidelines.
- Organised & working to a high standard, ensuring contractors are keeping work areas clean and tidy.
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualifications HND/HNC/apprenticeship or industry experience.
- Be tenacious and be able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- Able to lead and work in a team environment.
- To be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a similar environment: Automated machinery, SPM, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK free from sponsorship/visa.
To apply for this Senior Mechanical Fitter vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ