Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Senior DVP Engineer
Position: Senior DVP Engineer
(We are also open to applicants working in any of the following positions: Development Validation Planning Engineer, Design Validation Planning Engineer, Validation Planning Specialist, Test Development Engineer, Test & Development Engineer, Product Validation Engineer, Planning & Testing Engineer, Senior Test Engineer).
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 + Company Benefits
We have an exciting Senior DVP (Development, Validation, Planning) Engineer vacancy to join our engineering & manufacturing team in Lowestoft. Our team consist of experienced engineers who are passionate about successfully developing and innovating our technology. Each team member has a ‘hands on’ approach and supports each other for the benefit of our products and customers.
As the Senior DVP Engineer you will work with external suppliers and internal teams to initially define all the development test activity for the product. You will act as primary point of contact for all Design/Development Verification Plan (DVP) activities for our product.
Key responsibilities for the Senior DVP Engineer:
- Construct and manage the Design Verification Plan (DVP) activities drawing on personal previous experience, FMEA output and Functional Requirements.
- Working closely with the Design Team and external partners to understand the DVP requirements from the FMEAs.
- Where in-house facilities are not available for a particular test, identify the relevant service at an external provider.
- Support the specification of appropriate instrumentation based on test requirements.
- Specify the pass criteria for all tests identified in the DVP making reference to the Functional Requirements Document.
- Ensure the DVP reflects the test requirements that result in a robust Engineering Sign Off, should all tests be successfully completed.
- Author the test procedures where there are gaps in our QMS.
- Produce status reports to the Leadership Team.
- Author test reports from results gained through validation testing.
- Support the generation of technical construction files for the product.
- Ability to react and re-arrange test plan on the basis of available test resource in the case of failures, or re-assignment of resources to other activities. With an ability to define impact to the overall development and validation plan.
Skills and experience required for the Senior DVP Engineer:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or HND preferred.
- Prior experience (5 – 10 years) in Propulsion engineering within a Product Development department. Automotive, off highway as well as Marine experience will be considered.
- Ability to plan engineering test programmes.
- Have experienced the product development cycle at least twice from conception through to volume production.
- Understand what constitutes a robust engineering sign off of a Product for sale to the general public.
- Ability to write test procedures capable of being followed by a technician working remotely.
- Understanding of instrumentation techniques.
- Established network of engineering service providers.
- Worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME).
- Process driven.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Senior DVP Engineer vacancy, please click on the link to apply. Your CV will be forward to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.