Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Senior Controls Engineer
Position: Senior Controls Engineer
Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our continuously growing engineering team. Your role will form a crucial part of our business so you must be willing to take on plenty of responsibility within a small team, and be able to react swiftly and positively to customer requests. This position is semi-physical and where you will be required to assist with electronic components and touchscreens as well as debugging and live testing. Training will be provided specific to our equipment.
Senior Controls Engineer Duties:
- Assist in design of low voltage electrical circuits and control panels for machine control – Eplan.
- Producing electrical panel layouts in Eplan.
- Assist in preparation of technical documentation.
- Writing / modifying operating software for machine control – (PLC based programs – Siemens and Beckhoff).
- Installation of software to new machines.
- Software testing and fault finding.
- Technical assistance with supporting customer machines in the field.
- Looking at costings on electrical or software items wherever possible.
- Communicate with team members on all projects including R & D and advise them of any issues that need to be rectified.
Senior Controls Engineer Experience:
- Experience with writing code.
- Experience with electrical panel wiring and electrical drawings.
- A positive and outgoing attitude, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- A helpful, teamwork oriented personality is important.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the Senior Controls Engineer vacancy please click on the link below to apply. Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.