Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Senior Controls Engineer
Position: Senior Controls Engineer
Location: Commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Leicester, Tamworth, Redditch, Worcester, Rugby and Leamington
Remuneration: c£60,000 (depending on experience) with paid overtime during the week and premium overtime during the weekends. Flexible working during the software development phase of projects. Training opportunities on projects, in-house, and with suppliers to stay updated on new technologies.
Join our innovative controls team, where we are actively seeking experienced and driven senior controls engineers to contribute to dynamic projects across diverse industries such as Automotive, Food and Beverage, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, and Logistics. As a key member of our controls department within a well-established and highly regarded engineering company based in the Midlands, you will play a pivotal role in designing and developing control software.
Your expertise in PLC programming, with a focus on Siemens S7, TIA, and Rockwell PLC control systems, will be essential to our success.
- Design and develop control software for Siemens S7, TIA-based programmable control systems, Rockwell, Bosch Rexroth CoDeSys, and other PLC and Safety systems.
- Leverage your experience in designing and writing PLC and HMI software for industrial applications, demonstrating a strong foundation in first principles.
- Embrace challenges and contribute to a dynamic work environment, working closely with our controls team.
- Contribute to motion control applications, robot programming, CNC systems, Safety PLC systems programming, and PC-based software engineering.
- Collaborate on-site with our clients during software installation and commissioning activities.
- Experience of PLC software design, preferably in Siemens S7 classic and/or TIA, or Rockwell Studio 5000.
- At least 5 years of experience working in industry as a controls engineer.
- Experience in writing safety software and validating it against a safety matrix.
- Proficiency in VFD drives configuration and setup.
- Familiarity with STL and/or IL coding.
- Knowledge of ProfiNet systems or similar.
- Ability to read electrical drawings and perform basic electrical fault finding using a multimeter.
- Experience in documentation such as FDS, O&M manuals, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong command of the English language, spoken and written, as most of our clients are based in the UK.
- Full UK driving license, required for on-site work.
- Design and commissioning experience with robots such as KUKA, ABB, FANUC is desirable however is not essential.
If you have the required skills and experience for the Senior Controls Engineer vacancy, then please click on the link below to apply. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.