Automation and Robotics
IT and Infrastructure
Share this job:
Senior AppSec Engineer
Location: London (2 days office / 3 days working from home)
Industry Experience: The skills of a Senior AppSec Engineer/Application Security Engineer are highly valued and can be applied in a wide range of industries, therefore if you have experience working with a company that develops software products or uses web or mobile applications from any of the following sectors, we would be interested in hearing from you:
- Information technology (IT) and software development companies
- Banking and financial services
- E-commerce and online retail
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- Energy and utilities
- Transportation and logistics
- Gaming and entertainment
Senior AppSec Engineer – The Role:
We are seeking a Senior AppSec Engineer/Application Security Engineer to join our team and help ensure the security of our software products. Our company specialises in Automation and Software Technologies, and this is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual who is looking for career progression.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance and assistance to development teams on addressing security threats that span across web and mobile applications, cloud computing, robotics, artificial intelligence, and automation.
- You will provide support to development teams in architecture and design, threat modelling activities, security code reviews, and remediation guidance for security vulnerabilities, penetration testing findings, cybersecurity issues, and threats.
Senior AppSec Engineer – Experience & Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a clear conceptual understanding of the SDLC and the ability to improve SDLC security via CI/CD tooling.
- You will also be responsible for running, maintaining, and leading activities related to our bug bounty program.
- In addition, you will educate development teams on performing security activities and take part in preparing study materials for security awareness of development teams.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members will also be part of your responsibilities.
- It is essential that you have experience in application security, development, or penetration testing.
- You should also have a clear understanding of OWASP Top 10 web application security risks and countermeasures.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence engineering behaviours are essential.
- It is also important to have an interest in continuous learning.
- Knowledge of cloud environments and how to secure them, experience with container technology, and knowledge of cryptographic concepts applied to data protection would also be beneficial.
- Relevant certifications such as OSCP, OSWE, eCPPT, eWPT, GPEN, or GWEB would also be advantageous.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and you are interested in applying to the Senior AppSec Engineer vacancy, please click on the apply button below. Your CV will be forwarded to Cartisian Technical Recruitment.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.