Automation and Robotics
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
Ideally West Midlands, or Oxfordshire or Greater Manchester
A Senior Account Manager with experience of selling technical engineering solutions to the intralogistics sector to work for a leading manufacturers of high tech equipment.
The position of Senior Account Manager will include:
- Manage a large portfolio of existing accounts up and down the country although a high concentration are based within the Midlands.
- Work closely with these customers to sell new ranges of automated products through new installations as well as system upgrades.
- Identify new sales opportunities within the intralogistics sectors which may include 3PL, Automated Distribution, Airport Baggage Handling Systems, FMCG production, Manufacturing Automation etc.
- Develop strong knowledge of the available products and be in a position to recommend the latest technology in line with customer requirements.
- Be aware of competitor products and customer needs and use this to work with engineering to recommend the development new products for the portfolio.
- Create quotations and follow up on enquiries and orders ensuring the customer is communicated with throughout.
- Attended trade shows and follow up on all potential leads in a timely manner. Try and visit as many potential customers as possible.
- With the existing database alone there is huge opportunity with many companies expanding their automation and upgrading obsolete technology.
- Offer a technical sales solution.
The suitable candidate for Senior Account Manager will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of selling in to companies with automated systems such as conveyors, picking stations, material handling applications, baggage handling within 3PL, Automated Warehousing, Distribution, Automated production, FMCG.
- Account Management primarily, but also new business generation.
- Knowledge of automated products such a Sensors, pneumatics, conveyors, end of line machinery or robotics within some of the above sectors is essential. Some, not all of the above products is required.
- Technical qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is desirable but not essential providing solid technical understanding.
- You might be working for a system integrator or a manufacturer selling in to the above sectors.
If you have the required skills for this Senior Account Manager and experience of selling technical automated products in to end users of Automated Warehousing, Distribution, Manufacturing, or sold direct to System Integrators, then please click on the link to apply. In return we can offer a high basic salary with good level of bonus and company car along with excellent employee benefits.