Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Sales Manager
(We are also open to applicants working in any of the following positions: Sales Account Manager, Account Manager, Technical Sales, Sales & Proposals, Proposals Manager, Sales & Tender, Commercial Sales Manager). We are open to applicants from a technical sales background that are seeking to take the next step in their career into sales management.
Location: 3 – 4 days office based in Coventry, some hybrid elements
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 + car allowance + company benefits
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Sales Manager to join our system integration business. We are located in the Midlands and provide bespoke turnkey electro-mechanical systems to companies across the UK. As the Sales Manager you will build strong lasting relationships with our existing client base, develop new customers and build links with PLC and Software OEMs across the UK.
The role of Sales Manager will include:
- Prior experience and knowledge working in a sales position of bespoke electrical turnkey solutions.
- Motivate and develop the sales and marketing team to help them achieve their targets, providing appropriate training & development when required.
- With the help of the sales team, successfully deliver the budgeted sales input reporting progress monthly.
- Monitor and report sales KPIs.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to identify potential business opportunities and progress these opportunities through to tender enquiry and/or contract placement.
- Identify new customers by targeting agreed sectors and/or working with our partners.
- Manage client’s expectations and when required, support the Commercial and Engineering Dept to resolve issues.
- Ensure tender reviews are carried out for high value tenders and frameworks.
- Support the value engineering of the technical solution to identify the most cost-effective technical solution whilst meeting performance, quality and compliance with client/statutory standards, codes of practice and requirements.
Skills and Experience required for Sales Manager:
- A technical qualification in Electrical Engineering is essential to this role.
- Experience of selling an engineered solutions is essential.
- Automated system knowledge of one/some of the following is essential: PLC’s, MCC, SCADA, control systems, industrial automation systems.
This is an exciting role, supporting the company’s ambition for greater industrial diversity. If you have the required sales experience and knowledge of bespoke electrical turnkey solutions then we would like to hear from you. In return, our client can offer a competitive salary, with car or car allowance along with additional benefits. To apply for Sales Manager vacancy, please click on the link below.