Position: Sales Engineer / Business Development
Locations available: Dundee, Aberdeen, Oxford, Derby
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 depending on technical sales experience and knowledge of market place
A Sales Engineer is required with a background in selling technical engineering products & developing business. You should have experience selling to customers involved with the following: Automation, Special Purpose Equipment/Machinery, System Integration, Robotics, Conveyors, Pneumatic, PLC, Sensors, Servo, Drives, Linear & Guidance Systems, Rotary/Indexing systems, Vision inspection systems, Capital Plant and Solution Sales.
Key experience & requirements for the Sales Engineer:
- You will identify opportunities with in the UK and help develop the business strategy.
- You should have previous experience with technical sales and business development and should be able to demonstrate your understanding of the automation sector.
- You should be able to give examples of when you have successfully dealt with automaton companies and how you have impacted on sales/account management/business development.
- In your role as the Sales Engineer you will oversee the quotation process through to service, spares and aftercare to ensure the customers are well looked after in a timely manor.
- You should have clear and effective communication with strong people skills.
- Your ability to negotiate with your customers will also be very important and previous experience of sales negotiation skills will be very beneficial.
- You should be a self starter, be driven and hungry for success and have the motivation to ensure your sales targets are exceeded year on year.
- A HNC/HND/Degree or Apprenticeship in a relevant engineering subject is required.
- You should ideally come from the Automation, Engineering or Manufacturing sector and have proven sales experience.
- Candidates with limited sales experience will also be considered however would still have to come from the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
- This role would require you to work nationally therefore it is expected most of your time will be spent on the road and at customer premises/trade shows and exhibitions.
To apply for this Sales Engineer vacancy please apply below or email your CV to Cartisian Recruitment (email@example.com).
Cartisian Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.