Sales Director – West Midlands – £70,000 – £100,000
Position: Sales Director
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £70,000 – £100,000 (negotiable + benefits)
Key experience: Proven background in growing multi-million pound business sales. Ideally to have a background from one of the following: Automation, Control Systems, Pneumatics, Special Purpose Machinery, Machine Build, System Integration, Robotics, High Speed Machinery, Capital Plant Equipment, High Tech Engineering, Building Automated Solutions for customers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Sales Director & Leader to head up our sales/commercial side of our global business, which is rapidly growing. This position will ultimately lead to becoming the Managing Director/CEO of the business within 3 – 5 years (or sooner).
Our sales have grown year on year, and we are looking at continuing to strengthen our position within the Automation sector and in other markets across the UK/Europe.
We work with some of the biggest system integrators and machine builders in the world and supply essential equipment to those companies. This is an opportunity at a senior level within our business therefore previous experience of running a business, growing the sales of the business and managing large teams is essential.
Key skills and experience required for the Sales Director vacancy:
- Previous experience growing multi-million-pound business/division (approx. £20m to £40m or similar over a 3 – 5-year period).
- To recruit , develop and manage the appropriate business development resource for the company.
- In your role as the Sales Director you will be expected to demonstrate the sales competency in the B2B “World”
- Although initially this is a Sales Director position, we are looking for candidates with a wide range of skills. An inquisitive mind and demeanour – a consultative approach that is business wide (fiscal, engineering, operations etc)
- You should have experience in delivering high-value added opportunities, solving high-value problems which provide measurable benefit to the customer.
- As Sales Director you will build a sales team that can drive the sales growth in line with the company’s ambitions, that consists of highly driven technical sales engineers and account managers.
- You will also contribute & support the businesses strategic plan, be responsible for creating the sales part of the plan, which is inline with marketing and finance.
- Previous experience working with OEM’s/end users will be highly beneficial.
- Your industry experience and background ideally should be from any of the following: Automation equipment, Control Systems, Pneumatics, Special Purpose Equipment, System Integration, Machine Build, Robotics, high Speed Automation or related Automation Products.
- It is essential that you have demonstrated stability & longevity in previous roles, as this position will ultimately lead to Managing Director or CEO. This appointment is part of the long-term vision of the business therefore candidates would be challenged on their work history and the longevity of previous related work history.
For more information or to apply for this Sales Director vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.