Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Resident Engineer (Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer)
A Resident Engineer / Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with experience of electro-mechanical maintenance is required for a site based multi-skilled maintenance position in Glasgow.
Shifts: 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
The position of Resident Engineer / Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Working to a planned maintenance routine to maintain a range of pneumatic and PLC controlled machinery.
- Whilst multi-skilled experience is required, there is a slight bias towards electrical maintenance.
- Fault finding on PLC’s, reviewing fault logs and some point-to-point testing in small cabinets.
- Some machines incorporate stepper motors, sensors, pneumatics, actuators, bearings,
- Reactive maintenance is also required with breakdowns, and it is essential that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- On call hours is allocated on rotation with the rest of the teams and there are financial incentives when on call.
The suitable candidate for Resident Engineer / Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience multi-skilled engineer
- Technical qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is highly desirable.
- Experience with PLC fault finding, and pneumatics is highly desirable
This is a very interesting role working with some innovative technology including some robotic applications. If you would like to be considered for this Resident Engineer / Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer position, please click on the link to apply.