£25000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits
Job Ref: 32557
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Repair and Calibration Technician
A Repair and Calibration Technician is required for an established engineering and supplier to the construction and professional trades industry.
This is an exciting new position created as a result of a new service being offered to customers and commercial clients.
This position will be instrumental in providing excellent customer service to calibrate and repair small electro-mechanical devices. This equipment needs to be calibrated at regular interval and this may require updating software and resetting the configuration settings. If there is a physical problem with the machine, diagnosing the fault, repairing it by replacing components or sending it back to the manufacturer under a warranty agreement.
The position of Repair and Calibration Technician will include:
- Repairing and calibrating small electro-mechanical devices
- Resetting software and running through the calibration process
- Replacing any faulty parts such as pcbs, sensors, brackets, bearings, etc
- Creating a calibration report to validate the work completed.
- Liaising with existing and prospective customers.
- Commercially lead the department and monitor/set the service prices on the website.
- Be proactive in helping to drive this new business forward.
- Full training will be provided
The suitable candidate will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service
- Experienced with electro-mechanical repair, quality inspection or similar is highly desirable. you may come from a background working on printers, phones, electro-mechanical devices or you simply like to make or repair components at home.
- Commercial mindset
In addition to the hands-on calibration and repair work, you will be the go-to person for the department, ensuring that the service website is up to date and prices are appropriate. You will strive to grow the service department, by providing an effective and customer-centric service. If you have the aptitude and technical capability to fulfil the requirements of this position of Repair and Calibration Technician, please click on the link to apply.