Quality Manager – Wolverhampton
Position: Quality Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £38,000
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Manager to join our business during this period of growth for our site located in Wolverhampton. The Quality Manager will drive and develop operational quality activities, ensuring the effective management of customer complaint investigation, preventative action implementation, effective handling of incoming and returned product inspection and quality management support manufacturing operations. As the Quality Manager you will manage quality activities focused on delivering effective resolution, preventative measures, and the exploitation of continuous improvement opportunities throughout our head office & manufacturing operations and all sourced product groups.
Quality Manager tasks and responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain best practice for safety, health and environmental factors throughout all Quality operations, and facilitate the development of the safety culture within the quality management team.
- Lead the management of product and operational performance related customer complaints, from initial receipt acknowledgement, through containment and corrective action, to resolution, including on-site support, where appropriate, using 8D methodology.
- To include remotely facilitating and coordinating 8D activities with overseas sourcing operations and supply chain.
- Effective management of operational quality activities, including appropriate AQL inspection of incoming products & materials, product returns handling, including investigation, trend analysis and appropriate final resolution with relevant external parties.
- Drive the quality management of manufacturing activities, embedding quality assured processes and the provision of appropriate quality surveillance within production operations.
- Provision of support to the sourcing team for evaluation and qualification of new suppliers, and continuous improvement activities with existing suppliers.
- Track and prepare monthly reports for internal and external quality performance metrics.
- Support Production Engineering in process development, equipment selection, and process flow activities within manufacturing operations.
- Contribute to quality management planning for new product introduction, including specification, inspection documents and FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) processes
- Perform QMS (Quality Management System) audits.
Quality Manager key skills:
- Prefer trained QMS auditor with six sigma qualifications
- Previous experience in Quality related position, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with FMEA process
- Ability to read CAD / technical drawings
- Experience leading problem-solving processes and use of quality tools
- Excellent team working & verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this Quality Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.