Quality Manager – Hereford – £35,000 – £45,000
Position: Quality Manager
Location: Hereford, West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 depending on level of manufacturing & Quality management experience
We have an exciting Quality Manager vacancy for our site based in Hereford. We are looking for a candidate with strong Quality engineering background in manufacturing, with previous experience of hands on measuring of product to customer spec. As the Quality Manager you will be working with the Operations Director, ensuring the products we ship to our customers meet our customer’s expectations, through effective management of the Quality Team, efficient issue investigation and resolution; accountable for and implementation and continuous improvement of clear procedures which are reflected in our Quality Management System (QMS).
Quality Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Quality Team to ensure a consistent approach to quality.
- Build and manage customer relationships.
- Manage quality concerns from cradle to grave; facilitating investigations to identify and eliminate the root cause of quality concerns, managing the preventative and corrective actions logs (8D), closing off issues and implementing change (including supporting employee training where required) and following this through to conclusion with the customer.
- Accountable for the goods-inward process, ensuring all components we receive from third parties meets our own quality standards, and raising advisory notices to suppliers where issues arise.
- Support the Quality Engineer to undertake ISIR and PPAP on complex NPI projects.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends.
- Undertake and champion continuous improvement projects.
- Accountable for the returns process, ensuring that all returns are validated and processed in line with Company procedure, issuing credit notes where required.
- Responsible for managing the internal audit process.
- Continuously review and improve the Departments processes and procedures.
- Supporting the Operations Director, the ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14001 and ISO45001 accreditation and auditing process.
- Work to ISO 13485, 14001 and 45001 processes and procedures.
Quality Manager Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of Quality engineering in manufacturing sector, preferably plastics / injection moulding
- Educated to at least HND / HNC level preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Strong, highly focused, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure and can organise and inspire a team.
- Experience of supervising other quality team members, supporting with development and training.
- Excellent customer service skills, with evidence of how relationships with external customers have been built and maintained
- Commercially savvy, making the right decision by balancing customer and business need
- Computer literate, including MS Windows/Office Products and MRP systems
- Understanding of process improvement tools (e.g. 8D, Six Sigma), and experience of implanting these techniques within the workplace
- Experience of managing the introduction of new business and engineering changes into production from a Quality perspective
- Demonstrable experience of proactively managing preventative and corrective actions using 8D methodology with tangible results.
- Full UK driving license required to attend customer sites.
- Previous experience of using and programming non-contact measurement machinery.
- Previous experience of working to ISO13485, 14001 and 45001 would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience of using and programming Faro Arm and CMM, and OGP would be highly advantageous but not essential.
To apply for this Quality Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at email@example.com
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment consultancy that specialises in Automation Jobs, Automotive Jobs, Science Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Technical Sales Jobs as well as senior executive level appointments and Interim. Our engineering recruitment consultants have many years of experience recruiting for the most sought after and in demand engineers across Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Sales to include positions such as:
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Product Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Engineer, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Technical Sales.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment – Technical Recruitment for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing.