£35000 - £45000 Per Annum
Job Ref: 32260
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics
Sales and Marketing
Share this job:
Purchasing / Procurement Manager – Birmingham
(Also keen to hear from Buyers, Supply Chain Purchasing, Procurement Managers with relevant industry experience as detailed below)
Birmingham, West Midlands.
Negotiable, between £35,000 – £45,000, depending on the level of experience dealing with overseas suppliers
Purchasing/Procurement/Buying experience from the Metal Industry – Ideally sheet metal manufacturing (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing).
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Purchasing Manager with a business in the Birmingham area with over 100 years of heritage in the sheet metal manufacturing sector. As the Purchasing Manager you will evaluate and streamline current processes and suppliers, manage KPIs and source new suppliers for the business. As the Purchasing Manager you will be instrumental helping the business grow and increase turnover with the implementation and improvement/streamlining of purchasing processes, complete supplier reviews & supplier sourcing, and effective utilisation of new IT & ERP systems.
Key skills and experience required for the Purchasing Manager vacancy:
- Previous experience working in a similar role to Purchasing Managing, Buyer, Supply Chain Purchasing, Procurement etc.
- Experience purchasing for the sheet metal industry, metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing, or similar manufacturing purchasing experience.
- Experience working with, managing, and influencing overseas suppliers (China).
- Previous experience with Supplier Sourcing, Supplier Evaluation, Importing Goods, Shipping/Administration etc.
- As the purchasing manager you will work with suppliers to ensure goods/finished parts arrive into the UK in a timely manner.
- Experience with negotiating with overseas suppliers.
- Experience with ERP/MRP or SAP systems. Strong IT skills. Able to take information, analyse the data and produce reports.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with excellent leaderships traits & qualities.
- Financially sound, understands the requirements of importing goods from overseas and all of the costs (taxes, shipping costs etc) involved with bring goods into the UK
- Understands what is involved with the manufacturing supply chain and all of its moving parts.
- Needs to be a team player and willing to support colleagues and other departments within the business if/when required.
- Ideally to have a relevant purchasing/procurement or technical qualification (manufacturing / engineering) CIPS, HND/HNC, BTEC or NVQ.
- This role is based in Birmingham with very little travel requirements, however you will be required to visit overseas suppliers in China on a couple of occasions in the year/or when necessary.
If you have the required experience as a Purchasing Manager / Procurement Manager, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ