Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Project Manager
Location: Commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton
Salary: c£65,000 – £75,000 DOE (negotiable/flexible) + car/car allowance + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing business. Specialising in the Warehouse Automation & Logistics industry sector we have several projects across the UK with customers requiring installation and commissioning of advanced automation equipment such as conveyors systems, robotic equipment and hi-speed end of line machinery. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Project Manager to oversee the installation and commissioning automation equipment and machinery for our customer projects.
Key experience and skills required:
- Prior experience managing Projects within the Warehouse Automation & Logistics sector (approx. c£10m – £30m is preferred).
- As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the entire project, from planning to completion, ensuring that it is completed on time and within budget.
- Manage on-site engineers, contractors, and vendors, ensuring that they comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Coordinate with the engineering and design team to ensure that all technical requirements are met.
- Work from engineering drawings and designs to oversee the installation of plant equipment such as conveyor systems, material handling equipment, racking and storage, project software and IT systems, robotics, shuttle systems, the installation of production line equipment and end of line automated machinery such as bagging machinery, labelling machinery, palatalising machinery, wrapping machinery, carton, and box erectors.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders regularly to keep them up to date on the progress of the project.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and time lines.
- Ensure that all project documentation is complete and up to date.
- Prepare and present project reports to senior management and clients as required.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, and develop contingency plans as required.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet the quality standards required by the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering or a similar qualification/relevant industry experience.
- Experience in project management, ideally overseeing projects involving installation and commissioning of plant equipment within large, automated warehouses (£10m – £30m).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings and designs.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage teams effectively.
- Experience in managing budgets, schedules, and time lines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and manage risks and issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Willingness to travel as required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent opportunities for career progression and growth. If you have the skills and experience required for this position, we would love to hear from you, please click on the apply button.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.