General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Project Manager or Senior/Lead Project Engineer
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager, or Senior Project Engineer to join our exciting niche business. Our company specialises in providing bespoke manufactured furniture for the hospitality and retail sectors. We work with a variety of big brand across the UK with many products tailor made specifically to the client’s requirements. We are seeking a Project Manager or Senior/Lead Project Engineer to oversee several concurrent projects at one time focusing on prioritising workloads.
Project Manager skills and requirements:
- Oversee several concurrent projects at one time -prioritising workloads.
- Site surveys, measuring, estimating, and managing required resources.
- Ensuring projects are completed within timescale and budget, organising labour and materials – ensuring all documentation, resources and materials are in place.
- Read and understand drawings and plans – creating working drawings.
- Liaising and managing the workload with sub-contractors – sourcing contractors and specialist labour as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Clients.
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements both on site and within the manufacturing unit.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Booking in site visits.
- Use of computer systems including Microsoft Office & AutoCAD.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Quality control.
- Maximising profit on projects.
- Attending occasional site meetings.
- Diary management
- Client liaison
- Professional conduct, and portrayal of a professional image to both clients and internal personnel.
- Office based with site visits once or twice per week when required.
To apply for this Project Manager vacancy please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.