Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Project Manager
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 (DOE)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. Previous experience working as a Project Manager in either Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries, with experience in NEC 3 & NEC 4 Subcontracts will be an added advantage although this is not essential. As the Project Manager you will plan and oversee all aspects of a project, and to meet the project’s goals on time and within budget. You will develop existing client relationships; build relationships with new customers and suppliers; identify and grow new opportunities and manage & control Cost & Program
Project manager requirements:
- Leading the planning and implementation of projects.
- Defining a project’s scope and goals.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines.
- Project evaluations and results measurement.
- Issue Completion Certificate & Handover
- Attend Contract Reviews and submit regular reports
- To effectively manage the project team, allocated by the Operations Director/ Engineering Manager, encompassing design, manufacture, site supervision and commissioning.
- To ensure the project and team comply with the QA systems.
- To ensure all design reviews are completed and ensure the solution/design meets the requirements of the client, budget, and statutory regulations.
- Working within agreed procedures and formats.
- To develop and maintain good client relationships.
- To manage client’s expectations and resolve potential issues and disputes throughout all stages of a project and enquiry.
- To work with the Sales Dept. in understanding the scope of supply and if required to help with the development of robust, cost-effective solutions
- To attend bid reviews and promote opportunities to gain a new order.
Key Skills and Experience for the Project Manager vacancy:
- Prior experience working in the role of Project Management with demonstrable track record of the management of contracts, client and/or contractor disputes, contractors, project team, consultants, and other external resource
- Previous experience working in a Systems Integration Environment but not essential
- Programme control through effective use of Project Management tools & techniques (Microsoft Projects)
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Engineering Health and Safety and other Legislative Requirement
- APM or PMI qualified
- Electrical Experience preferred but not essential
- Experience with Specification, design, installation, and commissioning of equipment with internal and/or external resource.
- Experience with CDM, CE, PUWER, HSAW
- Proven Commercial acumen.
- Meeting facilitation and management.
- Management of client/project disputes.
- Presentation and communication skills.
To apply for the Project Manager vacancy please click on the link below.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.