Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Production Planner (Material Planner, Material Scheduler, Demand Planner)
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Hourly Rate/Salary: £23,000 – £28,000 pa
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner/Material Scheduler who will be responsible for ensuring customer demands are met by generating works orders and purchase orders. As a part of the Operations team, you will liaise with Sales, Production, Purchasing, and Warehouse departments to monitor progress and ensure all departments have a clear understanding of order due dates.
Key experience and skills required for the Production Planner:
- Proficient in running MPS and MRP software to generate daily recommendations for works orders and purchase orders.
- You will also be responsible for preparing reports of recommended WOs and POs for management approval, attending production meetings, and distributing relevant paperwork or emailed orders.
- Collating data from shop floor personnel, monitoring output for bottleneck areas, updating sales order notes, and running reports on KPIs.
- You will also be responsible for amending ERP master data and updating WIP stock data on spreadsheets or MRP systems.
- You should have a good understanding of production processes, excellent IT, numeracy and analysis skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Be able to handle responsibility and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Minimum qualifications for the role include a GCSE Level A-C, IVQ Technician certificate, BTec first certificate or equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification. Relevant A Level qualification are preferred, or HND, BTec or equivalent NVQ qualifications.
- You should also have experience with production planning and MRP & scheduling systems as well as strong proficiency in IT and Microsoft Office.
We will provide full induction training and an ongoing training plan to ensure that you have adequate skills to perform your duties effectively.
To apply for this Production Planner vacancy please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.