Aerospace and Defence
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Negotiable, between £25,000 – £30,000, depending on level of experience from the sheet metal industry.
Knowledge/experience from the Metal Industry – Ideally sheet metal manufacturing (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing).
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Production Planner with a business in the Walsall, Birmingham area with over 100 years of heritage in the sheet metal manufacturing sector. As the Production Planner you will support the Production Manager with the implementation and improvement of current processes, reduction in waste, time management, improvement of lean manufacturing, better use of IT/ERP systems.
Key experience/skills for the Production Planner:
- Manufacturing or Production experience from the Sheet Metal Industry (metal cutting/laser cutting, pressing/press work, stamping, forging, roll forming, machining of metal products, tube bending & manipulation, metal finishing).
- Strong numerical, analysis and IT skills. Able to take information, analyse the data and produce reports if/when required to support the Production Manager.
- Can maintain and update production schedule in line with latest production status.
- Review and expedite material shortages.
- Liaise with Purchasing team for material shortages.
- Provide fast resolution of shop floor issues (material shortages/quality etc).
- Good understanding and prior experience with IT Manufacturing/Production Systems, such as ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ideally to have a relevant manufacturing/engineering qualification (degree, HND/HNC, BTEC /NVQ’s) or having come through the industry via an engineering/manufacturing apprenticeship.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement.
- Understands what is involved with the manufacturing supply chain and all of its moving parts.
- Maintain, monitor and report on KPI’s on a monthly basis
- Understanding of Health & Safety (ISO9001, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO14001)
If you have the required experience as a Production Planner, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ