32000 - 40000 pa+ 10% pension + access to pool car
Job Ref: 32273_1629381468
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer
A Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer is required for an established manufacturer of bespoke electrical automation solutions used in food production, process industry, manufacturing and system integration.
The role of Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer is there as a technical validation role to support the commercial department with technical enquiries coming in to the business. This role is instrumental in determining if the customer requirement is technically achievable.
It is not a sales role; it is a technical role supporting the commercial department.
The role of Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer will consist of the following:
- Review customer specifications for electrical controls and distribution board requirements.
- Analyse customer drawings to find a suitable solution form the extensive portfolio of products and assembly options.
- Consult directly with customers and sales team to understand more clearly what their objectives are and to offer advice and recommendations which enable you to fulfil their requirement.
- The systems may include various forms of Fieldbus connectivity such as Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet and wireless, rack mounted terminal connectors integrated with sensor devices, Plc’s and IO connections.
These boards can power manufacturing automation systems such as conveyors, automated warehouses, HVAC systems, assembly machines, packaging machinery etc.
The suitable candidate for this position of Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer will need to possess the following experience:
- Degree qualified electrical engineer
- Able to read electrical schematics for control systems, distribution boards
- Either graduate level with hands on industry experience in electrical engineering or highly experienced electrical engineer.
- Electrical design experience highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of industrial electrical works is essential.
- Personable and able to converse confidently and politely with customers at a technical level.
- Knowledge of automation peripherals such as Plc’s, Scada and various fieldbus connectivity.
If you are a qualified electrical engineer, either recent graduate with hands on industry experience or established electrical engineer, then please click on the link to apply for Pre-Sales Electrical Engineer. In return we can offer excellent remuneration with industry leading benefits including 10% pension and Private Health Care.