General Engineering and Manufacturing
Software and Electronics
Share this job:
NPI Project Engineer
NPI Project Engineer with experience of leading new product development projects from conception through to launch.
This is a multifaceted role which includes project engineering for customer projects but also for in-house manufactured consumer products.
Part of the role will also be to make use of the in-house capability to come up with ideas for new products which could harness the company’s proprietary technology.
The role will suit someone who has good project engineering or project management experience with a good engineering knowledge. Experience with electronics is highly advantageous.
The position of NPI Project Engineer will include:
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director to coordinate & execute product development activities.
- Communicate new product ideas and concepts to manager.
- Create Product Development project plan, detailing starting actions including design, test, marketing, budgets costs & launch actions.
- Controlling the completion of actions on the project plan and communicating actions.
- Working with the Production department to develop process, work on process improvements and introduce product quality & Productivity.
- Perform capability studies on certain materials & processes.
- Work with Managing Director & Production in preparing product design documents & Specifications.
- Review & recommend changes to current product development processes considering 2nd, 3rd or 4th iterations.
- Make product updates based on changing business and consumer demands.
- Maintain product requirements, technical and functional documentations for reference purposes.
- Ensure Final Products meet customer requirements.
- Maintain expert knowledge on product development procedures.
- Able to communicate with Suppliers, Technical Partners & Customers in all aspects of the product.
- Ensuring developed products are certified to all relevant requirements.
The suitable candidate for this role of NPI Project Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Project Management within an engineering/manufacturing business.
- Qualified/practical engineer.
- Electronics experience is highly desirable. (Basic or more advanced)
- Organised and able to manage a varied workload.
- CAD Design experience – Desirable or prepared to learn the basics.
- Inquisitive thinker and motivated by engineering innovation.
This is a particularly exciting opportunity which would suit candidates from a variety of engineering disciplines. You may or may not have prior experience of all the above, but you must have the ability to learn and succeed in the above tasks.