Mechanical Design Engineer – Birmingham (several locations available)
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Birmingham, UK (more opportunities available in Worcester, Coventry, Leicester, Aylesbury, Plymouth)
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (depending on experience and automation/special purpose machinery knowledge)
We have several exciting Mechanical Design Engineer vacancies across the UK (Birmingham, Worcester, Coventry, Leicester, Aylesbury, Plymouth) currently available with leading System Integrators looking to grow and strengthen their technical engineering teams. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be required to design from concept special purpose machinery therefore experience of concept design and designing bespoke machinery is essential. You should have strong experience with pneumatic systems, such as linear slides, cylinders, rotary index tables, vibratory bowl feeders and vision inspection systems used in special purpose machinery. Examples of some solutions may include fully automated assembly machine, (incorporating pneumatic systems, cameras, robotics) packaging machinery and inspection machinery (with auto loading and unloading).
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy:
- A mechanical design background, this could either be in the form of a BEng, HND, HNC or via an apprenticeship route however it is important that you have experience working in industry and have designed bespoke special purpose machinery for customer projects.
- Previous experience with mechanical design across multiple simultaneous projects will be highly advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- To review designs and specifications and recommend alternative solutions where required.
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor or Solidworks.
- Able to work in a team environment or on your own.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience designing automated machinery, bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar automation machinery will be highly beneficial.
- Commutable from Coventry, Wolverhampton, Redditch, Leicester, Tamworth, Telford, Luton, Bedford, St Albans, Milton Keynes, Watford.
If you have the required experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our high vacancy response rates unfortunately, we are not able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had feedback from our consultants within 14 days, please accept that your application has not been successful.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, Birmingham, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ