Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Leader
A Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is required to lead a small team of Design Engineers to design bespoke automated solutions for customers in pharma, medical, automotive and aerospace engineering. Systems may include automated multi-stage assembly equipment incorporating pneumatics, rotary tables, robotic pick and place, liquid filling, and inspection and machine tendering applications.
The role of Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Design effective engineered solutions to meet the customer specification successfully, whilst designing a robust, serviceable machine.
- Whilst the team and you create designs, take care to ensure that as many consideratiosn are made to reduce rework and errors along the way.
- Engender a team dedicated to quality, efficiency, and well engineered solutions to be proud of.
- Liaise with internal departments such as electrical design, controls engineers, commercial teams and project managers throughout each project.
- Create concepts in support of sales bidding/tendering process and complete detailed designs and assembly diagrams.
- Specify appropriate components to meet the needs of the machine.
- Lead a small team, mentoring more junior team members assigning jobs and building their skills.
The suitable candidate for Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will need to posses the following skills and experience:
- Current Lead or Senior Mechanical Design Engineer either currently leading a small team or ready to take the next step.
- Prior experience of designing bespoke machinery incorporating motion such as pneumatics, servo motors and/or robotics.
- Experience with SolidWorks is desirable or happy to learn.
- Technical qualification in Engineering is highly desirable.
If you have the required skills and experience and you are looking for a exciting opportunity with lots of growth, then please click on the link to apply.