Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer – Bespoke Automation
Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved in projects from conception through to design detailing, developing automated production machinery for a range of sectors.
The position of Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Designing bespoke automated solutions for customers in a range of sectors such as medical device manufacturing, life science, end of line machinery and robotic.
- Design concepts and detailing including machine framing, sub assemblies, mechanisms, motion control and pneumatics.
- Machines may include in feed/out feed conveyors, rotary tables, liner slide systems, vision systems, sensors, robotics, bowl feeders etc.
The suitable candidate for this Mechanical Design position will need to possess the following experience:
- Technical qualification in engineering such as BEng, HND, HNC or via an apprenticeship route is highly desirable but not essential providing time served experience.
- Experience with Solidworks is preferred. Other CAD software experience will be fine.
- Experience with designing special purpose machinery incorporating pneumatics is essential.
Due to our high vacancy response rates unfortunately, we are not able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had feedback from our consultants within 14 days, please accept that your application has not been successful.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.