Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required to work within a team of Design Engineers, designing bespoke automated solutions for customers in pharma, medical, automotive and aerospace engineering. Systems may include automated multi-stage assembly equipment incorporating pneumatics, rotary tables, robotic pick and place, liquid filling, and inspection and machine tendering applications.
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Design effective engineered solutions to meet the customer specification successfully, whilst designing a robust, serviceable machine.
- Take care to ensure that as many considerations are made to reduce rework and errors along the way.
- Design solutions, specifying the right components for the job, and ensure compliance with Machinery directive.
- Report to your Design Leader and liaise with other internal stakeholders such as Project Management, Controls and electrical. Support shop floor build teams with answers to questions relating to the design or proposed build/assembly diagrams.
- Create concepts in support of sales bidding/tendering process and complete detailed designs and assembly diagrams.
- Use of Solidworks for all designs.
The suitable candidate for Mechanical Design Engineer will need to posses the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
- Experience of designing bespoke machinery incorporating motion such as pneumatics, servo motors and/or robotics.
- Experience with SolidWorks is desirable or happy to learn.
- Technical qualification in Engineering is highly desirable.
If you have the required skills and experience for this Mechanical Design Engineer, and you are looking for a exciting opportunity with lots of growth, then please click on the link to apply.