£40000 - £50000 per annum + company benefits
Job Ref: 32566
Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Derby, East Midlands
Salary: c£40,000 – £50,000 (negotiable/flexible) + company benefits
Key experience: Special purpose machinery, bespoke machinery, machine automation systems, Solidworks
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of designing bespoke automated machinery such as special purpose machinery, bagging machinery, packaging machinery, wrapping machinery, pneumatic-driven machinery, machinery consisting of servo motor systems, PLC controlled systems, or high-speed automated machinery. The candidate should also have strong proficiency in Solidworks.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Provide specialist mechanical engineering expertise to design and build special purpose machinery, automation equipment, jigs, and fixtures.
- Lead mechanical engineering projects from concept stage through to commissioning, ensuring the design meets the User Requirements Specification.
- Create detailed Design Specifications from the User Requirements Specification and design components, mechanisms, and assemblies using appropriate materials and manufacturing methods to achieve reliable and cost-effective solutions.
- Create CAD drawings with appropriate tolerances and manufacturing notes following internal document control systems.
- Create and load Bill of Materials (BOM’s) to the company’s BMS system.
- Research and provide innovative engineering solutions to machine design problems and prove concepts with prototypes as required.
- Assist in the testing of machine functionality and coordinate machine commissioning.
- Produce mechanical documentation and collate all other documentation to form the Technical File.
- Write Operator Instructions and Maintenance Instructions.
- Ensure all work complies with current regulatory requirements such as EC Directives and health and safety regulations.
- Work towards the utilisation of Lean Manufacturing techniques in line with Company objectives to support the continuous improvement of the Company.
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- A degree or technical qualification in design, engineering, or a related field.
- Prior experience designing bespoke automated machinery such as special purpose machinery, bagging machinery, packaging machinery, wrapping machinery, pneumatic-driven machinery, machinery consisting of servo motor systems, PLC controlled systems, or high-speed automated machinery.
- Strong proficiency in Solidworks.
- Good computer skills to encompass Microsoft & Outlook.
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping, and communication skills.
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery.
- Innovative, creative, and enthusiastic.
- Strong eye for detail with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to work as part of a team and off own initiative.
- Ability to follow instructions and prioritise workload productively to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude with adaptability to support business requirements.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you possess these qualities and are excited about the prospect of working in a dynamic company, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.