Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Redditch, Worcester, Solihull, Coventry, Tamworth
Salary: £30,000 – £42,000 + paid overtime + company benefits + excellent career development and progression
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our expanding engineering department. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved in the design and development of new CNC machinery, tooling and related products and accessories.
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancies:
- Previous experience with mechanical design from any of the following would be advantageous: CNC machines, machine tooling, automated machinery, designing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, precision machining, end of line systems, designing sheet metal related products and equipment.
- Design and detailing of mechanical parts and units.
- Able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- To review designs and specifications, engineering calculations, cost analysis, and recommend alternative solutions where/when required.
- Modification of existing designs to improve function, solve problems or reduce cost.
- Preparation of technical documentation (Parts lists, assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files and risk assessments)
- Experience with CAD, Winchill, CREO, AutoDesk Inventor and/or Solidworks.
- Able to work in a team environment or on your own.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
The Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity offers a pathway to a fulfilling career in a highly advanced, technical engineering and automation field with many opportunities for development, training and advancement. If you have the passion and commitment to develop a career with a highly advanced automation engineering business, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK.