Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
A Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of designing bespoke machinery, incorporating mechanisms, pneumatics and robotics is required for an established systems integrator of bespoke automation.
Work location: Farnborough
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Design bespoke machinery in line with the required functionality.
- Design equipment which consists of pneumatics, servo motors, actuators, linear slides, sub assemblies, robotics etc.
- Produce designs which not only meet the customers functionality requirements but also reliable and ease of manufacture and maintenance.
- Work within a dedicated team and share ideas on how to design world class machinery and address engineering challenges.
- Work efficiently and to a project plan.
- Escalate concerns about the project early to avoid costly mistakes further down the line.
- Create detailed drawing and assembly diagrams.
The suitable candidate for this Mechanical Design Engineer position will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Design Engineer with experience of bespoke machinery.
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatics.
- Solidworks is preferred or happy to learn.
- Technical qualification preferred in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or related experience.
If you are an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer and have designed machinery and/or machinery functionality with pneumatics and servo drives, then please click on the link to apply. In return our client can offer exceptional career development with innovative R&D projects.