Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
A Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of designing bespoke special purpose machinery is required for a leading integrator of robotic and automated assembly systems.
With a number of new projects in the pipeline, there is an immediate need to bolster the teams design capability with a contract engineer.
Home working is permitted. Initial site visits to the Birmingham site will be required to kick start the projects.
£33 – £40 Ltd per hour (Depending on experience)
The position of Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Design machine functionality in the most efficient way possible.
- Design sub assemblies and work holding fixtures.
- Design pneumatic circuits which may consist of linear slides, rotary tables and cylinders.
- Design solution consisting of multiple servos, proximity sensors, vision inspection systems and multi-axis robots.
- Create detailed designs and assembly diagrams using AutoDesk Inventor.
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Experience designing bespoke automated equipment such as assembly systems.
- Good, solid engineer, able to design workable automated solutions from scratch.
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor.
- Available immediately or within a week or two.
This is an exciting project working on some complex robotic, automated assembly machines. If you have the skills, and you are ready for your next contract working outside of IR35, then please click on the link to apply.