£40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Ref: 32261
Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer: Experience designing automated machinery, bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar automation machinery will compliment this position.
Location: Farnborough, UK
Salary: Negotiable, £40K and £45K , depending on experience candidates seeking a higher salary may also be considered
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to design from concept special purpose machinery therefore experience of concept design and designing bespoke machinery is essential. You should have strong experience with pneumatic systems, such as linear slides, cylinders, rotary index tables, and vision inspection systems used in special purpose machinery. Examples of some solutions may include fully automated assembly machine, (incorporating pneumatic systems, cameras, robotics) and inspection machinery used in pharmaceutical, automotive or general engineering.
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy:
- A mechanical design background, this could either be in the form of a BEng, HND, HNC or via an apprenticeship route however it is important that you have experience working in industry and have designed bespoke special purpose machinery for customer projects.
- Previous experience with mechanical design across multiple simultaneous projects will be highly advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- To review designs and specifications and recommend alternative solutions where required.
- Experience with Solidworks is preferred.
- Able to work in a team environment or on your own. Work closely with the build team and get hands on if required.
- A practical approach to design and build would be very attractive.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience designing automated machinery, bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar automation machinery will compliment this position.
If you have the required experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software and Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, UK