Automation and Robotics
Share this job:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Contract Mechanical Design Engineer, Birmingham, Manchester, Oxford.
A Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of designing special purpose machinery such as automated assembly systems is required for a Birmingham based systems integrator.
- £33 – £38 PH Ltd Co
- Location: Home based with site visit to kick off project
The position is a contract role outside of IR35, working from home if preferred.
The position of Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Designing machines or parts of machines which may incorporate linear slides, cylinders, rotary indexing tables, vibratory bowl feeders, ceiling mounted robots, vision cameras used in special purpose machinery.
- You will engineer these solutions in order to deliver high quality functionality and fulfilment to the brief. Design machined sub assemblies.
- Experience of designing special purpose machinery which incorporated pneumatics is essential.
- Able to demonstrate out of box thinking ability to find solutions.
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor is essential
- Able to work in a team environment or on your own.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience designing automated machinery, bespoke machines, packaging systems, vision inspection machinery, robotic systems, pick & place robots, warehouse automation machinery, bagging machinery, end of line systems or similar automation machinery will be highly beneficial.
The suitable candidate for this Mechanical Design Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Mechanical Design of special purpose assembly equipment.
- Inventor CAD – Essential
If you have the required experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer please email your up to date CV to Cartisian Technical Recruitment
Due to our high vacancy response rates unfortunately, we are not able to reply to all applicants. If you have not had feedback from our consultants within 14 days, please accept that your application has not been successful.