£20000 - £22000 per annum
Job Ref: 32297
Automation and Robotics
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
Position: Mechanical Fitter
Requirements: Mechanical Fitting, Mechanical Assembly
Salary: circa £21000 + unlimited overtime available
A Mechanical Fitter/Assembler is required for a well-established manufacturer of automated industrial machinery.
The company is family orientated business with a highly valued workforce offering career progression and long-term stability. The company invests in its people and takes pride in their enthusiasm and support in training new team members.
The role of Mechanical Fitter will include:
- Working within a team or in pairs, building machinery from scratch.
- Fit parts including bought out machined sub-assemblies, pneumatics, sheet metal framing, aluminum profile, bearing, conveyors, sensors etc.
- The machines are standard machines with options for customisation. Therefore, once you have built a few, building the rest will become a lot easier.
- Some bench work which may include tapping and re-drilling holes and assembling the machines together using machine screws, rivets and bolts.
- The role will suit anyone who is conscientious, practical and has experience with fitting parts together working from an assembly drawing. You do not need to be an expert with reading detailed engineering drawings as you will typically work from 3D images with step-by-step instructions.
The suitable candidate for Mechanical Fitter will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Fitter/Mechanic or hands on practical individual who likes to tinker with engineering and feels as though they have the aptitude for this type of work.
- You will shadow existing Fitters who will support your training for the next 6 -12 months if required
- Ability to read engineering drawings is desirable.
- Friendly, team player who wants to work in a friendly manufacturing environment. It’s very clean and you will be working with food grade stainless steel.
- Unlimited overtime potential if you want it.
If you want to work for a successful, family orientated manufacturer who is prepared to give training and development, then please click on the link to apply. In return we can offer, good remuneration with unlimited overtime potential.