General Engineering and Manufacturing
Share this job:
A Materials Scientist with experience of developing and improving material performance, is required for an established engineering and manufacturing company.
The role of Materials Scientist will include:
- Design and develop new materials in line with customer specifications.
- Conduct material testing and evaluation, product trials, and consider production scalability.
- Implement and engender tight controls with regards to material testing process and evaluation.
- Conduct multiple product iterations in order to achieve the desired results.
- Investigate material performance issues by reviewing full traceability within the end to end manufacturing process to identify the route cause problem.
- Apply a continuous improvement methodology within the team and be prepared to challenge where opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Lead and plan the day to day workload of technicians.
The suitable candidate for Materials Scientist will need to possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Materials Science Degree, PhD or a related technical qualification and experience.
- Experience Computational Fluid Dynamics is desirable.
- Commercial appreciation for the projects.
- Testing methods including XRD, EIS and other forms of material testing and surface analysis.
This is an exiting role working for a leading engineering and manufacturing company. Please click on the link to apply for the Materials Scientist Engineer position. In return our client can offer an attractive remuneration and benefits as well as excellent career development.